Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 4 - Breaking Point

I came home to do my Baptiste DVD instead of going to class. I didn't really want to go to hot yoga today anyway, and that was the only class offered at 6:30pm, the only time that I was gonna make it. Plus, my boyfriend was coming over, and I needed to clean my place. He called to say that he wasn't gonna be around until much later. I was bummed.

I just read in the Feb 08 issue of Fit Yoga that our bodies and lifestyles should be in tuned with the seasons. It's winter, the days are short and the weather colder, so we should take it a bit easier. The ancient science of Ayurveda says it's time for rest, regeneration, and introspection. I definitely have not taken this wisdom to heart, and after some introspection, I've realized that I have taken my Summer lifestyle right straight through Fall and now Winter.

Sleep. I needed sleep.

So I folded up my sticky mat, unplugged everything, put my phone on silence, and fell in a deep Savasana.

No comments: