Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 28 - Slippery when wet

One of the yoga studios I go to, The Sanctuary Yoga in Redmond, is also a Spa, and they often have lotion samples in the changing room.

Today I got giddy with this new Zen lotion with ginger, and slathered it all over my body, *before* class. Imagine my troubles with Downward Dogs and Crows when I'm trying to get grounded on the mat. At first I wanted to kick myself in the head for this total lack of foresight. (I mean, I could technically do it in Dancer's Pose, I'd just fake it as an accident.)

Then during a moment of clarity I reminded myself of my mantra, "Everything is perfect".

So I just had to laugh at my slippery hands and feet, and the irony that sometimes, perfectly smooth hands don't necessarily make things go so smoothly.

No comments: