Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 17 - A decision to teach

I've been incubating the idea of 1) being a yoga teacher, and 2) owning a yoga studio for quite some time. I really mean "incubate" in every sense of the world, that it is just a thought, an abstract idea I have and hold dear in my heart, and then occasionally bring it up to someone I trust, as something I could possibly, maybe, potentially do, one day, some day, maybe.

I don't talk about it much mainly for two reasons, 1) fear of being ridiculed (haha, *you*?), and 2) commitment issues, i.e., if I talk about it, I would have to do it.

Lately, with the departure of one of my favorite teachers, and reflecting on my actions and reactions to it, I've realized the importance of connecting with a teacher, and how essential it is in a person's practice.

I have also been frustrated with health clubs' watered down version of yoga, and, like all uninitiated and starry-eyed teachers (or budding politicians), I think I can do better.

So I spent a whole lot of time today looking at all the different yoga teaching programs. What a daunting landscape out there, and there's no US Time & World Reports school ranking to help either.

This is yet one more journey I'm feeling my way around on.

If I commit to it.

No comments: