Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 15 - Pain

I have started feeling a little pain and soreness in my wrists. I really dread it, but I've come to accept that I've gotten my first yoga injury.

Everyday for two weeks now I've been practicing weight-bearing poses like Downward Dog, Chaturanga, Crow, and Hand Stand. My body is protesting that.

I've been doing some research, and after combing through yoga forums and blogs, I've narrowed down two prospective props to buy: 1) Gripitz blocks, and 2) Wrist Assured Gloves. I don't know why the Gripitz blocks are so bloody expensive ($40/pair). They look like glorified dumbbells to me. The Wrist Assured Gloves are even more costly, at $69/pair.

The thought of not doing yoga for an extended period of time, though, is unacceptable enough to trump over paying $$$ for glorified dumbbells.

I agonize over this, and realize I didn't know what I had until it was gone.

No comments: