Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day 24 - Acro Yoga

Today I went to Amber and Colin's non-baby shower. It is somewhat *weird* to see your yoga teachers outside of the studio. For that matter, it's weird to see your fellow yoga practitioners in other contexts too. It's like seeing someone from the gym in something other than gym clothes.

I was completely pigging out over this deliciousness of a vegan nuts, dates and strawberries pie that Kelly brought when everyone rushed to the living room to see Acro Yoga demos. I peeked in too, and saw a guy spinning another guy in various yoga poses.

It looked awesome! I met Tim, who teaches at Samadhi Yoga in Seattle, who shared with me the reasons why he teaches, and invites me to do some Acro Yoga. "I really really want to", I told him, "but I've overfilled myself with fruits and nuts".

It was a beautiful late winter afternoon, and the shining sun gave the illusion of more warmth than it actually provided. When I left, it had gotten dark and much colder, but I felt an inner warmth of being part of the Seattle yoga family.

No comments: