Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 6 - The Five Tibetans for Chinese New Year

I'm running, I'm running, I'm running.

I was racing to finish up before 5 to catch the bus home from work. My phone's battery was dunzo. I needed to call my boyfriend. I needed to get this document sent out. I needed more time.

My left shoulder is burning. I've been carrying too much stuff around, and now I can feel it flaring up. I'm unbalanced. My load is too heavy on the left.

I got home, plugged in my phone, called the bf. Communications problem due to battery. My batteries suck!!! I apologized.

We went out to the burb to see my parents. It was New Year's Eve, the year of the Rat according to the Lunar Calendar. My mom was ecstatic to see us. I was ecstatic to see her. After dinner we went ice skating at the skating rink up the street. I had not stepped on a sheet of frozen ice since middle school. I felt so out of my element. I can put my legs on my shoulder while balancing on one leg, but gliding along on two blades? Ha! I'll cure cancer instead.

When we got back, it was too late for me to do my usual hour-long practice, and I had been practicing these Five Tibetans exercises, which promise to align the spine and the moon and the stars, and a smashing good time with your house guest, so showed mine how to do them right.

As I do more reading and researching on The Five Tibetans (I accidentally came upon the book @ the Seattle Public Library), I didn't realize it has a pretty big following, there's even a Facebook group!

I will write more about them later.

No comments: